Only Registered Representatives of a Mutual Fund Dealer or Investment Dealer offer mutual funds.
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees, and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the fundfacts document before investing. Mutual funds are not guaranteed and are not covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer. There can be no assurances that the fund will be able to maintain its net asset value per security at a constant amount or that the full amount of your investment in the fund will be returned to you. Fund values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
Labour Sponsored Funds have tax credits that are subject to certain conditions and are generally subject to recapture if shares are redeemed within eight years.
Investors should educate themselves regarding securities, taxation or exchange control legislation, which may affect them personally. This website is for general information only and is not intended to provide specific personalized advice including, without limitation, investment, financial, legal, accounting or tax advice. Please consult an appropriate professional regarding your particular circumstances.
This Internet Website does not constitute an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation is not authorized or to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such offer or solicitation.
The representatives named on this website are registered for the sale of mutual funds through Altimum Mutuals Inc. Some representatives may also be licensed for the sale of life insurance products through Altimum Insurance Agency Limited or anther insurance agency. The representatives are registered through separate organizations for each purpose and as such, you may be dealing with more than one entity depending on the products purchased. Altimum Insurance Agency Limited will provide the name of the entity being represented when insurance business is conducted through it. The sale of insurance products is not the business of or under the supervision of Altimum Mutuals Inc. and Altimum Mutuals Inc. will not be liable or responsible for such activities.
All non-mutual fund related business conducted by representatives of Altimum Mutuals Inc. is not done in the capacity of an employee or agent of Altimum Mutuals Inc. Non-mutual fund related business includes, without limitation, advising in or selling any type of insurance product, advising in or selling any type of mortgage service, estate, and tax planning or tax return preparation. Accordingly, Altimum Mutuals Inc. is not liable and/or responsible for any non-mutual fund related business conducted by representatives of Altimum Mutuals Inc. Such non-mutual fund related business is the responsibility of the representative alone.
References in this Internet Website to third party goods or services should not be regarded as an endorsement of these goods or services. By accessing any of the links provided you will be leaving the Altimum Mutuals Inc. site. Altimum Mutuals Inc. is not responsible for the information contained on these websites.
The information contained on this Internet Website is for general information purposes only and is the opinion of the owners and writers. This information is not intended to provide specific personalized advice including, without limitation, investment, financial, legal, accounting or tax advice. Please call one of our representatives for advice related to your own particular circumstances.
This website is intended for Ontario residents only and the information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The owner and publisher of this Internet Website are not liable for any inaccuracies in the information provided.
Client Complaint Information
Clients of a mutual fund dealer who are not satisfied with a financial product or service have a right to make a complaint and to seek resolution of the problem. MFDA Member dealers have a responsibility to their clients to ensure that all complaints are dealt with fairly and promptly. If you have a complaint, these are some of the steps you can take:
* Contact your mutual fund dealer. Member firms are responsible to you, the investor, for monitoring the actions of their representatives to ensure that they are in compliance with by-laws, rules and policies governing their activities. The firm will investigate any complaint that you initiate and respond back to you with the results of their investigation within the time period expected of a Member acting diligently in the circumstances, in most cases within three months of receipt of the complaint. It is helpful if your complaint is in writing.
* Contact the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada ("MFDA"), which is the self-regulatory organization in Canada to which your mutual fund dealer belongs. The MFDA investigates complaints about mutual fund dealers and their representatives, and takes enforcement action where appropriate. You may make a complaint to the MFDA at any time, whether or not you have complained to your mutual fund dealer. The MFDA can be contacted:
* By completing the on-line complaint form at www.mfda.ca
* By telephone in Toronto at (416) 361-6332, or toll-free at 1-888-466-6332
* By e-mail at email@example.com
* In writing by mail to 121 King Street West, Suite 1000, Toronto, ON M5H 3T9 or by fax at (416) 361-9073
The MFDA does not order compensation or restitution to clients of Members. The MFDA exists to regulate the operations, standards of practice and business conduct of its Members and their representatives with a mandate to enhance investor protection and strengthen public confidence in the Canadian mutual fund industry. If you are seeking compensation, you may consider the following:
* Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments ("OBSI"): After the dealer's Compliance Department has responded to your complaint, you may contact OBSI. You may also contact OBSI if the dealer's Compliance Department has not responded within 90 days of the date you complained. OBSI provides an independent and impartial process for the investigation and resolution of complaints about the provision of financial services to clients. OBSI can make a non-binding recommendation that your firm compensate you (up to $350,000) if it determines that you have been treated unfairly, taking into account the criteria of good financial services and business practice, relevant codes of practice or conduct, industry regulation and the law. The OBSI process is free of charge and is confidential. OBSI can be contacted:
* By telephone in Toronto at (416) 287-2877, or toll-free at 1-888-451-4519
* By e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Legal Assistance: You may consider retaining a lawyer to assist with the complaint. You should be aware that there are legal time limits for taking civil action. A lawyer can advise you of your options and recourses. Once the applicable limitation period expires, you may lose rights to pursue some claims.
* Manitoba, New Brunswick, and Saskatchewan: Securities regulatory authorities in these provinces have the power to, in appropriate cases, order that a person or company that has contravened securities laws in their province pay compensation to a claimant. The claimant is then able to enforce such an order as if it were a judgment of the superior court in that province. For more information, please visit:
* Québec: The Autorité des marchés financiers ("AMF") pays indemnities to victims of fraud, fraudulent tactics or embezzlement where those responsible are individuals or firms authorized to practice under the legislation governing the provision of financial services in Quebec. It also rules on the eligibility of claims and sets the amount of the indemnities to be paid to victims. Consumers can thus be compensated to a maximum of $200,000 per claim, through funds accumulated in a financial services compensation fund. For more information, please visit www.lautorite.qc.ca.
Third Party Websites
Altimum Mutuals Inc. does not make any representation that the information in any linked site is accurate and will not accept any responsibility or liability for any inaccuracies in the information not maintained by them, such as linked sites. Any opinion or advice expressed in a linked site should not be construed as the opinion or advice of Altimum Mutuals Inc.